Measuring Light Curtains
Measuring Light Curtains
- 0-10 metre sensing range
- 12 to 384 channels (parallel beams)
- Available with channel spacing of 5, 10 or 20 mm
- Active length of 225 mm to 1920 mm
- Housing length of 300 mm to 1980 mm (longer lengths available upon request)
- Plug connection
- 18-30 V dc supply voltage
- Power, output and system status indicators
- 33x36 mm aluminium housing with T-slot mounting
- High tolerance to hostile environments
- RS-485 serial communication
- Up to 4 digital outputs with software configurable functions
- Analogue output 4-20 mA and 0-10 V with software and control wire configurable function
- PC software for programmable configuration and monitoring
- UL Hazloc compliant models optionally available
(Class II, Division 2, Groups F and G)
SS 02 with parallel scanning beams
SS 02 close-up
IP67 profile design
Light curtains shown with pigtail connectors
SS 02 PC Terminal Software
The SS 02 series is an advanced, industrial measuring light curtain system which consists of a self-contained transmitter SST and receiver SSR, which can either be positioned opposite or next to each other for thru beam or diffuse proximity mode. The detectors are housed in sturdy aluminium profiles (33 x 36 mm) with T-slot mounting rail, available in lengths ranging from 300 mm to 1980 mm (longer lengths available upon request).
The SS 02 series is a highly advanced light curtain system that supports a wide range of geometrical analysis functions which may be used for measurement, positioning and monitoring functions. The system is fully programmable with the use of Telco’s user friendly PC software via RS-485 serial communication, connected with a USB converter. The graphical user interface allows a wide range of parameters and settings to be programmed and monitored in the connected light curtain system. These selectable/adjustable settings include: scan mode, operation mode, gain control/mode, hysteresis, blanking function and smoothing (pre-filtering) function. The light curtain offers a 2-wire analogue output (4-20 mA or 0-10 V) and up to four individual digital outputs which can be individually configured with a selection of a wide range of measurement and output conditions. A digital input is included to switch between two different output readings on the analogue output.
The software displays a graphical representation of the individual light beams status in real time, and indication of the individual output/input status. Configuration of a light curtain can be saved and loaded into other light curtains for simplified configuration of multiple systems.
A test input in the SST may be used for either disabling or enabling the transmitting power temporarily for test purposes. The transmitter and receiver are electrically synchronised by wire connection. Both transmitter and receiver detectors are protected against reverse polarity of power supplies, control inputs and output signals. Output is protected against short circuit and inductive loads.
All products include a 3-year worldwide warranty.
Find the Telco product type you're looking for with the help of criteria search filters in the Telco product finder