Self-Contained Light Curtains
- 1-12 metres sensing range
- 20 to 53 parallel scanning beams
- Active height of 1800 mm to 2340 mm
- Length of 1970 mm to 2510 mm
- 3 different channel placement models
- Automatic sensitivity adjustment
- Colour-coded M8 plug pigtail with extension cables
- Micro aluminium IP67 profile design
- Fully encapsulated electronics
- Power, output and system status indicators
- 12-30 V dc supply voltage
- Solid state relay output or OSE output
- Test input and static blanking function
- EN 12978 compliant
- TÜV Nord approved as E-device acc. EN 12453
- UL325 approved series optionally available upon request
- ATEX approved optionally available upon request. Certified as Category 3 equipment for Zone 2 and 22 ATEX classification
(II3G Ex ec IIC T6 Gc and II3D Ex tc IIIC T80º Dc)
Plastic mounting clip
Plastic mounting clip rear view
Fully encapsulated electronics
Light curtain U-profile shown with LED indicators on
The SG 16 series is especially designed as a safety device for doors and gates. The system is approved by TÜV Nord to be an E-device according to EN 12453, allowing it to be a stand-alone safety device on a power operated door or gate.
The SG 16 light curtain system consists of a self-contained transmitter, SGT and receiver, SGR, which are to be positioned opposite of each other. The detectors are housed in ultra compact, but sturdy, aluminium profiles that may be mounted using the integral front mounting holes or with optional mounting clips. All electronics are fully potted. The light curtain can be fitted with an optional front cover for additional protection of the optoelectronic components.
The system is supplied with a 12-30 V dc power supply and the SGR includes a solid state relay or OSE output. The control input in the SGT may be used for either disabling or enabling the transmitter power temporarily for test purpose or for set up of a static blanking function which allows a selection of beams to be permanently ignored (only available in C1 models). The SGT and SGR are electrically synchronised.
The advanced automatic signal-tracking (AST) feature ensures that no onsite set up or adjustments are required. The signal of each individual channel is adjusted automatically, which compensates for misalignment and contamination during operation.
The SG 16 series features the Dynamic Sequential Blanking Function which allows the detectors to be positioned in the guide tracks of an industrial door, where the door travels directly in front of the protection area, interrupting the beams sequentially from top to bottom. The special feature ensures that the system can distinguish between the closing door and an object by ignoring the beams that are obstructed by the moving door whilst leaving the below remaining beams active to detect an object below the door edge.
Two sets of SG 16 light curtains can be wire configured together to form a synchronised and multiplexed Master/Slave system, which ensures that optical cross-talk between the two sets is prevented.
The door can stop at any position and reverse, as required for partial door opening. The light curtain has an additional beam positioned 35 mm above the floor for extra safety.
All products include a 3-year worldwide warranty.
Find the Telco product type you're looking for with the help of criteria search filters in the Telco product finder